In this workshop session, you'll be invited to code along with the instructor as you create a basic game and deploy it to a mobile environment. The games graphical and audio assets will be provided to you as you learn the techniques to create HTML5 based game that includes sprite-based graphics, audio, animations and more.
What will attendees learn?
• Understand the Tools, Environment and Libraries used for HTML5 Game Programming
• HTML5 Game Development Workflow
• How to Create and Load Sprites (Canvas Display Objects)
• Object Nesting: How to Create an Object Hierarchy
• Asset Preloading: Make sure Game Assets are Available When Needed
• Tweens and Tween Sequences: Creating Animations Programmatically
• Audio: Creating Audio that will Work across Devices
• Much More
Mark Lassoff 's parents frequently claim that Mark was born to be a programmer. Starting, in the mid-eighties at age 11, Mark was hard at work on his Commodore 64 writing games in the BASIC language. Today, Mark is a publisher, top technical trainer and author, providing software, mobile and web development training Mark is a sought after video trainer, speaker and host.
Mark has trained programmers at Fortune 500 companies and government agencies world-wide. Mark's clients have included Aflak, Discover Card Services, the US Department of Interior and Symantec. A recognized expert in front end web and mobile development, Mark continues to teach at conferences regularly.
Mark Lassoff currently works as founder of LearnToProgram, Inc., a Connecticut-based company that publishes online courses that teach mobile, web, and game development. Over 100,000 people have learned programming from Mark through online and live classes and free tutorials. Loads of free tutorials and courses can be found at www.learntoprogram.tv. Mark’s twitter is @mlassoff.