We’re hiring again! Common Media is looking for an outstanding User Experience Designer to join our team in Hadley, MA. We’re a web design, development and consulting shop with a healthy mix of new and ongoing projects. We’re looking for an experienced UX professional who is passionate about designing beautiful, intuitive and functional websites. The right candidate will have a well-developed process and will be to facilitate collaboration between clients and developers. This candidate will also be able to lead coworkers in making decisions based on their knowledge of usability benchmarks.
We hire craftspeople who care about keeping their tools sharp: we look for co-workers who are smart, get things done, and care about doing things right. We appreciate a wide breadth of experience, but the final requirements for this particular opening are a passion for usability, design and the drive to keep up with the latest tools, processes and techniques.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Project planning, requirements gathering, wireframing and UX design for new client projects
- Conducting usability evaluations and moderating user testing studies for new and existing clients
Valued skills and attributes:
- A healthy respect for and knowledge of usability and accessibility standards
- Ability to consider edge cases and lead clients through the initial website phases
- Ability (and eagerness) to learn new skills on the job
- Attention to detail and production schedules
- Ability to contribute positively in a team environment
- Ability to maintain a busy work schedule in a collaborative work environment
Compensation commensurate with experience: we value expertise and efficiency, and our pay scale is very competitive. Benefits include health insurance and 401k. Please submit a resumé, cover letter, and salary requirements (if any) to email@example.com.
We would prefer to hire full-time and on-site in Hadley MA; but could make an exception for an exceptional candidate.
Position to start on or before September 15, 2015.