We’re hiring again! Common Media is looking for an outstanding Drupal Developer or Senior Drupal Developer to join our team in Hadley, MA. We’re a web design, development and consulting shop with a healthy mix of new and ongoing projects, and we’re looking for an experienced Drupal developer who is passionate about building beautiful, intuitive and functional websites.
We hire craftspeople who care about keeping their tools sharp: we look for co-workers who are smart, get things done, and care about doing things right. We appreciate a wide breadth of experience, but the final requirements for this particular opening are a passion for Drupal and the drive to keep up with the tools, processes and techniques that allow us to create amazing websites for our clients without missing deadlines or exceeding budgets.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Drupal project planning, site-building and theming for new client projects
- Larger new-feature additions to existing Drupal client projects
Valued skills and attributes:
- A healthy respect for and knowledge of the Drupal API and standard development practices
- Ability to write consistent, standards-compliant HTML and CSS
- Ability to create efficient and maintainable interactive features with jQuery (optional)
- Ability to consider edge cases and thoroughly test your own code
- An earnest belief in writing good code for the sake of writing good code
- Ability (and eagerness) to learn new skills on the job
- Comfort working on the command line, especially in Mac and Linux environments
- Familiarity with modern version control, preferably Git
- Attention to detail and production schedules
- Ability to contribute positively in a team environment
- Ability to maintain a busy work schedule in a collaborative work environment
Compensation commensurate with experience: we value expertise and efficiency, and our pay scale is very competitive. Benefits include health insurance and 401k. Please submit a resumé, cover letter, and salary requirements (if any) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would prefer to hire full-time and on-site in Hadley MA; but could make an exception for an exceptional candidate.
Position to start on or before September 15, 2015.